Two Packers fans and their take on the world. (Yet.)

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Ups & Downs

Well, if yer wonderin' what happened ta me and Bob, don't fret -- we're still about. Fer me, it's been various family-type commitments keepin' me from da keyboard, what wit da Christmas holiday and all. Well, dat and I also still got a little bit a da hangover from all the celebratin' I been doin since da Pack clinched da NFC Norris fer da tird straight year! ...I suspect we'll hear somethin' similar from Bob.

Yep, you make no mistake about it, we was jolly as ol' St. Nick hisself come Christmas Eve! Da Pack pulled out a timely victory agin' da Viqueens -- another 34 - 31 last-second victory off a da leg a one Ryan Longwell, which makes two dis season. And who knows? Da way things is goin', we may yet see a third chance ta beat the purple pansies!!! First, dey gotta' win on da road, on da grass, and outdoors, though. Here's hopin' the Warshington Rednecks can hold dem off and dat both da Panthers and da Rams can hold up der ends a da bargain, too. Course, I guess I don't really care who we get ta beat at Lambeau in the Playoffs in a coupla' weeks, so I may not bother workin' too hard on my NFL voodoo dolls dis weekend.

Der's bad news, too, tho'. (And no, I'm not talkin' about our thin-as-da-threads-in-my-long-underwear defense.) On Sunday, big number 92, Reggie White, was called home to da big bratwurst castle in da sky. Dey're sayin' he had a "lung ailment," and dat he suffered from sleep apnea. He may have just stopped breathin' in his sleep.

I called Bob when I heard da news, and we took a moment together ta remember all dat da "Minister of Defense" did for da Pack in da '90s. It was kinda' bittersweet, as we had just discussed Reggie da previous weekend in da Buick on da way ta Lambeau, and we was both of da opinion dat Reggie kinda' left us high and dry, what wit his leaving ta go play in Nort Carolina. It was right after dat happened dat I took my Reggie poster down, rolled 'er up, and stored 'er away in da basement.

Dis week, I went down der, dug 'er outta' da cobwebs by all da dusty ol' Leinie bottles, and tacked 'er up again. I tink he'll stick up der on my wall through da Playoffs, lookin' down over da Pack as dey make da final push ta another Super Bowl. Reggie's up der in Heaven now wit Tim da Die-Hard Packer Fan. "He tailgates high above old Lambeau, grillin' brats with Vince."

So now on to da final game a da regular season: at da Bears. Yep, dey spanked us at home da last time. But dat means Lovie's promise was met, so dey can go back ta suckin' again, far as I'm concerned. I'm thinkin' our "D" can rebound in dis game -- agin' da tird-string QB! -- and help us get some momentum goin' inta da Playoffs.

RIP, Reggie!

RIP-Reggie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home